Samsung Galaxy A30 is Samsung’s newest offering in the mid-range segment, borrowing a lot of its features and specs from it’s bigger brother the Samsung Galaxy A50. Just like its big brother, it has a 6.4-inch 1080p+ Super AMOLED display, however, the fingerprint sensor here is placed at the back. There is still a 4,000mAh battery here with 15W fast battery charging. However, this uses an Exynos 7885 Octa SoC, has 4GB of RAM with 64GB of storage and boots Android 9.0 Pie out of the box with Samsung’s new One UI.
Samsung Galaxy A30 Design And Display
Samsung Galaxy A30 looks pretty much like the Galaxy A50 from the front thanks to it’s identical 6.4-inch 1080p+ Super AMOLED display with a notch up top which houses the front-facing camera, also known as Infinity U display.
The display is protected by glass while the back which is made of plastic is occupied by the dual camera setup and a fingerprint sensor. It is also water and dustproof thanks to it being IP68 certified. Colour options available for this device are White, Blue and Black. The Samsung Galaxy A30 has a single SIM and dual SIM model, both of which come with a dedicated MicroSD card slot for storage expansion.
Samsung Galaxy A30 Camera Review
The combination of a 16MP camera with an f/1.7 aperture and PDAF paired with a secondary 5MP camera with an f/2.2 aperture takes care of photography on this device. As for selfies, the single 16MP camera with an f/2.0 does the job. Both the front-facing camera and rear facing one can even record 1080p videos at 30fps. The rear camera is equipped with an LED flash, HDR and Panorama.
Samsung Galaxy A30 Hardware and Software
Inside the Samsung Galaxy A30 is the Exynos 7885 octa; A Chipset based on the 14nm FinFET process technology with an octa-core processor clocked at 2.2GHz paired with a Mali-G71 GPU. There is either 3GB or 4GB f RAM depending on the configuration you get which comes with 32GB or 64GB of internal storage respectively. Storage can also be expanded via the dedicated MicroSD card slot, up to 512GB. Samsung’s new One UI runs on this device out of the box which is based on the latest version of the Android Operating System – Android 9.0 Pie.
Battery & Network Connectivity
The 4,000mAh battery here has a 15W fast battery charging which draws power from it’s USB Type-C port. It also features 4G LTE, connectivity, WiFi, WiFi hotspot, Bluetooth, GPS and a 3.5mm jack.
- Dimension: 158.5 x 74.5 x 7.7 mm
- Material: front glass/plastic body
- Weight: –
- SIM: Single SIM (Nano-SIM) or Hybrid Dual SIM (Nano-SIM, dual stand-by)
- Type: Super AMOLED Capacitive touchscreen
- Size: 6.4-inch
- Screen Resolution: 19:9, 1080 x 2340 pixels, 402ppi
- Multi-touch: Yes
Software and performance
- Operating System: Android 9.0 Pie, One UI
- Chipset: Exynos 7885, Octa-core 2.2GHz
- RAM:4GB RAM
- Internal Storage:64GB
- Card Slot: Yes, up to 512GB (dedicated slot)
- Primary: 16MP + 5MP with f/1.7 + f/2.2 – PDAF, LED flash, HDR, Panorama
- Secondary: 16MP with f/2.0
Network and Connectivity
- WLAN: Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n, dual band, WiFi direct, hotspot
- Network 2G: 850/900/1800/1900 MHz
- 3G: 2100 MHz
- 4G: Yes
- Bluetooth: Yes
- USB: Yes, USB Type-C
- Audio Jack: Yes
- Fingerprint Sensor: Yes (rear-mounted)
- NFC: –
- GPS: Yes, with A-GPS, GLONASS, BDS
- Sensors: Gravity, Proximity and Light Sensor
- Capacity: 4,000mAh non-removable
- Type: Li-Po
- Fast Charging: Yes, 15W
- OTG Support: Yes